Monday, August 17, 2009

This Is WHY Peeps Hate the Dentist...

So I had a dental appt. this morning. Naturally I dreaded this with everything I had in me. Why? you say...well it's never the dentist that I fear. He comes in at the end does his little check wit that mirror thing and that evil scrape-y tool and goes "Ashley your teeth are beautiful, lay off the sugar, quit clenching your teeth, how's Kenyon-no Elon??, see you in 6 months and tell your mother I said hello." Now if only that was the entirety of the visit. No.Such.Luck.

First you wait in the waiting room and it smells nauseatingly like rubber gloves...typical dentist office. Then the deceptively-friendly looking hygienist waves you on back (why are they usually Russian????) and you follow getting sicker by the smell as you get closer to the room. Then they make you sit in that death contraption aka the chair. Next thing your flat on your back looking up at bad tv and a hellish light glare...and no ladies there's no hope for an O. Hahahaha. I kid, I kid.

The hygienist then reels you in by asking all these questions about you then she pulls out that heinous scraping tool. You get that bib thing put on and resign yourself to 30 minutes of her scraping and pulling at your teeth and gums like your mouth stole her child's tuition. And today was the worst. I'm sitting there trying not to choke on my own saliva while she's hacking at my mouth and then this other trick comes in asking questions...my hygienist PAUSES HACKING and starts talking back while I'm literally about to choke and die. THEN RESUMES HACKING WHILE STILL TALKING AND LOOKING AT PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED TRICK!!!! I reared my head back and gave the trick a look of death and she quickly skedaddled away.

The dentist finally comes in does her examination, walks out. Now last year I was told I had FIVE cavities but I didn't have the money to get em filled in bc I had to get those durn wisdom teeth out. This dentist tells me I have zero cavities. Now Idk how the PISS i went from 5 to 0 but there r NO complaints here. Two hours later and I still have that nauseous scent in my mind...And dental offices wonder why ppl be avoidin them like the plague...

Well, thank GOD for dem pearly whites!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment